Friday, August 15, 2008

104 degress!




Yesterday the temperature was 101 degrees and today is supposed to get even hotter. Anyone who knows me, knows that I do not like the heat. I don't like to be outside doing stuff, I don't like to sweat, I don't like to be in the sun period.

What I did today was a bit unusual and like a good mother does, I sacrificed my comfort for my children. My husband normally takes them to the lake but since he's in Florida, I thought it would be nice to get the kids out. My sister was taking her kids to the lake, so I met her there. I wasn't going to even go swimming. My plan was to sit in the shade and watch my kids from the sand, but everybody else was swimming and if I wanted to be cool like them, I had to. We swam to the dock and jumped in a few times. It was pretty fun for about 45 minutes and then I wanted to leave. I was talked into staying a little bit longer then left. I did manage to take a few pictures before my batteries died.

0 comments: