Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Winter Quarter 09

The winter quarter started last Monday and it seems like SO much work is given in that first week that it's overwhelming. I'm sure it's just me though. I'm taking 14 credits this quarter and have class Monday-Friday.

I have:

Drawing II MW
Typography TTH
2 Dimensional Design TTH
Adobe Illustrator F

My drawing teacher is the same one I had last quarter. He told me that I was the most accurate student he had last quarter which is cool, but I started out a little rough last week. I guess I will have to work harder to get that "title" again. I did an assignment in the fall he said that I should enter it into the college's art publication book that they do every year, so I took a picture of it and will turn the application in tomorrow. He said that they don't typically choose Drawing I students, so to not get my hopes up. It's an 18x24 negative space drawing that I did in a black permanent marker.



I'm not sure what to think about my typography class yet....

My 2 dimensional design class has been okay. There are some creative people out there. I feel a little out of place in that class, like my work isn't as good as theirs but I look forward to the projects she assigns. I will definitely learn something in there.

My Illustrator class will be helpful. I have a HUGE problem with the guy that sits next to me though. He sat next to me in my Photoshop class and he's a "know-it-all", so he always has to put his two sense in and "co-teach". His voice annoys me, his laugh annoys me and his smell REALLY annoys me. 3 hours of that class with this guy!!! AAHHH!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yikes, you have a lot on your plate. It does sound fun thou. I loved my art and creative classes. As long as it was not writing. Sorry to hear you got a crummy neighbor in your class. That does make it hard to enjoy.

Oportos said...

Reading this makes me so happy I'm done with school:) Don't give up you're art work is amazing! I would like a copy of the print for my house!
Terra