Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spring Quarter 2010

I decided to go back to Clark College a year after I had attended my last class in the Spring of 2009. I don't know what I was thinking! I signed up for Intro to Graphic Design and English 101. I REALLY don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for English! In high school I think my grades were C's and D's. Didn''t like it and didn't get it, but it was required for the degree I wanted and all my fun classes ran out, so that's what I was left with.

It was one of the hardest things I think I have ever done. Seriously. I wanted to drop out a couple of weeks in, but Anson talked me out of it. We had to write 4 papers in 11 weeks, I think - 3 analytical papers of all things and then one argument paper. I just wanted to die. I am not a writer. I have a hard time getting out what I want to say in everyday conversation let alone in an English paper that would be graded! I had a lot of anxieties about this class and was really out of my comfort zone. It took everything I had mentally to get a paper written. I would work days at a time on just that as life went on around me. It was horrible! BUT I managed to leave that class with an A-and I got an A in Intro to Graphic Design. I have 44 credits total now, 10 A's and 2 A-'s.

0 comments: