Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tick, tick, tick....

If you asked me a couple of months ago how I felt about moving to North Carolina, I would have smiled and said, "I can't wait"! Since then, North Carolina and many other states across the south were hit with a tornado outbreak. North Carolina averages 19 tornadoes a year, a lot if you ask me, but more than 60 hit over one weekend last month! 60!!! And they weren't in some remote part of N.C. either, they touched down and killed people in Fayetteville...the same city that we'll be calling home in just a few months. That's pretty scary.

I didn't have any fears about moving there until this all happened. I'm still excited about traveling across the U.S. and seeing cool places along the way and the adventure it will be for our family, but it's not going to be all fun and worry free like I have dreamt it to be.

We're still talking about what to do with our dog Lucy. We don't want to take her with us because it sucks traveling with a dog. We won't be able to stay in hotels along the way unless we pay a huge fee, and once we get to N.C. we want to spend our weekends traveling. If there was somebody who would watch her for a year and then give her back to us - that would be the best option. We haven't approached anybody with that idea yet but time is ticking...

1 comments:

Mindy said...

Yikes. That would make me very nervous as well.