Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good news!

All the photographs/prints Anson and
I made for the twilight store in Forks, WA
sold this week! It's SO exciting!
I got my first check the other day and hope there
are many more to come. Does that make me a professional now?! :)
We had some more work printed up yesterday
because they sold out! It's still unbelievable to me.
Anson and I will head up to Forks again this weekend
so that I can take more pictures of the area.
It is such a beautiful place.
This time we will be leaving the kids here with family.
We were pretty rushed last time and impatient because
they were with us. We'll be able to take our own sweet time
this time and take in everything the Olympic Peninsula has to offer.

Other great things have been happening at school and with my work!
Earlier this week I found out that 2 of my photographs and
a project that I made in Typography will be in my school's
art publication! I guess last years publication
won national awards, so I'm pretty
excited to be included.

Also, this morning before class started,
my Typography teacher said she was
thinking about me and
wanted to know if I was in
the Graphic Design program.
She said she was really impressed with my work
and wanted to know where I had come from.
I told her that I had only started school this
last fall. Anyway, it turns out that she is my advisor.

I think I'm finally getting a hang of what's
expected in my 2 Dimensional Design class
and am enjoying the assignments now.
I'll post a few pictures of what
I've been working on a little later.

It's all very good news and lots of fun for me now,
I'm just dreading the day I will have to take a math class.

1 comments:

Oportos said...

You're amazing congratulations! Bring some pics and projects with you in April so we can all see what you've been up to:)