Monday, February 9, 2009

Pizza Buffet

Anson and I went out to lunch last week. We like to go eat at new places at least once a week that we've never been to before. We wanted a pizza buffet and had a coupon for a place called, Pied Piper Pizza. We decided that since we eat out A LOT together (usually while the kids are in school) we could give a quick review on the places we have been to. I really wanted our first amateur review to be a positive one, but instead, this first review of ours is for Pied Piper Pizza in Orchards.

It was an interesting experience from the moment we walked in to say the least. The place looked and felt like Boss Hogs bar called the Boar's Nest and a truck stop collided. The carpet was soiled and worn with garbage scattered throughout. The tables, chairs and booths were falling apart with ripped vinyl and trim missing. There were meals from previous lunch goers still on tables ( at least I think the meals were from lunch: they looked pretty old and crusty) and the decor looked like it was thrown up on the wall by a person who got their decorating inspiration from Napoleon Dynamite. The customer service was ridiculous less like service and more like you were being helped by a sibling who hates your guts. The woman ringing us up was complaining that the other worker, who just happened to be her mother, wasn't doing her job and she had to go do it herself. I believe her exact words were "She is driving me crazy."
The price for the buffet with a refillable soda: $13!!!!!!!!!!! Daaaaaaaaang! Good thing we had a two for one coupon, or this crusty lunch would have set us back about what a trip to Chuck E. Cheese for the whole family would cost.

We finally got our plates (styrofoam), and started with the salad bar. The salad wasn't bad, they had lots of toppings and it all looked very fresh. We were pleased with that. I am a pizza lover and looked over the pizzas. They were all meat, so I waited because I am vegetarian. The lady ringing us up while complaining about her mother said more pizzas were being made. I finished my salad and went back to the pizza bar...still no pizza. I refilled my lemonade, sat back down and waited a little longer. I went back again and still no meatless pizza. The older lady who was the mother was very nice and asked if I was looking for something in particular. I told her and she said, "Oh I can make you some cheese pizza" and asked if I liked garlic. So about 10 more minutes pass and she signals Anson that it was ready. I got to the pizza bar and found cheesy bread sticks! What the heck? Breadsticks are NOT pizza, especially $13 pizza! I took a couple bread sticks, took a few pictures and left.

Mmmm, cheeeesy sticks! Actually they were gross.


Anson and I probably wont be returning anytime soon, if ever.


Maybe its a great place to sing the latest "KarEoke" version of Hooked on Phonics Greatest Hits. Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Oportos said...

Thanks for the heads up! You really should submit your reviews to the local newspaper:)
haha Terra

Mindy said...

Yikes, thats too bad. I vote that Anson have a facial expression for every restaurant. That way I can get the true feeling. From his expression I will guess, "never again" will you attend that place. It is too funny.