Monday, August 17, 2009

The Clark County Fair - Tuff Trucks



Last Saturday, our family along with Sarah, Ryan and Luke went to the fair. They (the boys) wanted to go watch the Tuff Trucks. So after we parked and walked about a mile to get into the gates, we made our way through the smelly animal barns to find the Truck arena.

Anson and Ryan loving the cows. I think Anson is just thankful to them for the warmth their skin provides. He loves his leather jacket! Two thumbs up!

This dude was a walking vendor, selling sodas. Anson thought he looked like David Archuleta from last seasons "American Idol." Uh...how? I don't see it.


We bought a BIG bag of caramel corn and Ashton's munching on it while watching the remote control trucks and cars before the big show begins.

Anson thought he needed his own big bag of caramel corn.

The remote control cars and trucks.

It was fun to watch but about 10 minutes into it, Ashton was crying and covering his ears, so Anson took him out to walk around the fair and Ammon decided to go with them. Then about an hour into it Anson Jr. decided that he saw enough and joined the rest of the fam.






After it was over, Luke, Ryan, Sarah and I walked around and looked at the sharks, tigers, turtles, porcupines, eagles and other animals. I saw that a hypnotist would be on stage at 10pm, and we all met up and watched. It was really funny. I didn't take pictures of anything else because my batteries died. Normally they're all charged up and ready to go, but somebody (my kids) stole my rechargables from my camera. We had a great time, but would have loved to have taken more pics!

2 comments:

The Hymas Clan said...

That guy DOES NOT look like David Archuleta at all!!!!
Gotta love fun times at the fair. We missed it this yr :(

Mindy said...

We have always wanted to take Jaden to a Monster Truck Rally, but have been afraid it would be too loud. I was once choosen to be in a hypnotist act, he didn't kick me off the stage but I wasn't hypnotised. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to play along or not. So kind of did, but was so angry I had wasted like an 1hr of the kids being happy at the fair. Kind of ruined the day.