Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Corier Family Reunion '09

We went to the Corier family reunion on August 21-23rd in Humptulips, Washington. The lady who owns Camp Bethel (where we have the reunion) mixed up our dates. We were supposed to have reunion during the last weekend in August, but she had us scheduled for the weekend before. We didn't find this out until 2 weeks before the reunion. Needless to say, not many people were able to go due to prior commitments and we had a very small turnout. We still had an awesome time though!


Cute and photogenic Hannah Banana!

Little Yamato being chased by his cousins.


On Staurday we all went to Ocean Shores and let the kids
play in the sand and jump the waves.




Cute little Desmond!



Hannah talking Ashton into going into the cold, cold water.


And here they are running into the ocean.
She never would have got me in that water! :)


Ashton coming back from getting beat by the waves.
Hey! What happened to your shirt!


Ashton, Megan and Ammon jumping the waves.


Logan and Anson Jr. thinking about getting wet.


Anson Jr, Ammon and Megan coming to dry off.


We saw so many people stuck in the sand!
But there were plenty of people willing to dig them out and push them free.

We were at the beach for about 30 minutes when the waves came all the way up to our cars!! We have been going there for years and nothing like that has ever happened! I don't have any pictures because we were in a huge hurry to gather the kids and get off the beach!


Back at Camp Bethel, Anson and I went down to the lake and
found Luke, Logan, Anson Jr, and Megan already there.
Luke told us about this awesome beehive!


Logan, Anson Jr and Megan in the pedal boats.


My brother Luke.


Apparently I sat in the canoe facing Anson when I should have been facing the lake with my back to him. It would have been better with my back to him so I could take better pictures, so he told me to just swivel around to face the other way. I was afraid that I would tip the canoe, but Anson assured me that I wouldn't, so I turned halfway and the boat started tipping!! We wobbled from side to side trying not to tip the canoe and finally got it under control, but it was SO CLOSE!
It scared me to death. My first concern was my camera,
the second was being in that nasty water!



Back on land I watched a mean game of badminton. Normally we play volleyball, so there wasn't a whole lotta actionto capture with this game. They had fun though!


Ashton climbing the rock wall.


My 3 cute boys on the awesome tire swing.



And these are just some photos
that I took while I was there that weekend.









I'm always the one behind the camera, but I can't resist this swing! It's so much fun! Anyway, I put my camera down and Anson picked it up and took some pictures. I had fun with this picture and the next playing with color in photoshop.

This is a picture I took of Luke at the beach.
I think it would make a cool sticker or t-shirt.




2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a fun weekend. I liked seeing a picture of you. I am also amazed at how old Megan is.

EPVCCorier said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. Peter and I were in a canoe once and I was trying to take a picture of a waterfall we were paddling up too and he was concentrating on not tipping us over and he had to keep reminding me to hold still so we wouldn't tip. We didn't but we came close so many times!