Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Hoh Rainforest

A couple of weeks ago, Anson and I left the kids with my brother Adam and left to Forks, Washington. Three Hole Punch, Anson's band was going to play at The Twilight Lounge for a Sock Hop.

On our way up to Forks we drive through the Olympic Forest and it's the most beauitful place EVER! I really love trees and this place has the best! We have driven past the rainforest a half a dozen times so this time we decided to stop. It was amazing. I think we walked around for about 15 minutes and then had to head back, but those 15 minutes was enough for me to want to go back and stay for hours.
We saw a couple deer in the actual forest, about 10 feet away from us. They would look at us once in awhile, but they were mostly interested in the grass.




On our way back to the highway we saw a herd of elk and then a couple of miles up the road we saw another herd. It was crazy cool! That place is like the Yellowstone of Washington state.





We got to Forks a couple of hours later and went straight to the lounge so Anson could set up his keyboard and do a sound check/practice. Then we headed downstairs to "The Lodge" restaurant and ate dinner. After dinner we headed back up to the lounge. Anson and the band played and I sat with my friend Samantha who also has a husband in the band.




Sometime after midnight we headed back to our hotel. We have stayed at almost every hotel in Forks. If any one plans on going, stay at The Pacific Inn. It is the best quality at a low price. That is where we are staying from now on. In the morning, we headed back to "The Lodge" and ate breakfast. This is Anson's breakfast!! YES BOTH PLATES! They are a new restaurant and have a little work to do on portion sizes. A breakfast should not cost $12.99, but considering everything he got, I would say that it matched what he got.

It was a nice weekend for us to get away, but we had to leave our puppy Lucy home by herself, because no one could/wanted to take her. I set out some potty pads by the back door and my mom checked on her once. I was surprised when we got back and she actually used potty pads and had no accidents anywhere. She's such a good dog and was very happy for us to be home.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Very cool. I loved seeing video of Anson singing. What a busy, hard, and super fun life. Is Anson JR.'s band still going? I haven't heard much.

My Picture blog! said...

We stopped booking Anson Jr's band about 2 years ago. The bassist quit and we found a new one, but the kids were kind of burnt out on the band thing and they weren't very enthusiastic about it anymore. They realize now how awesome it was and how they took it for granted. Anson and the bassist get together and play sometimes and they want to start another band. I actually miss all of it myself.