Thursday, September 11, 2008

Before I forget....

Tonight at the dinner table, my sweet little
Ashton told me about what
happened at recess today.
I tried not to laugh, but it was really hard!
The way he was telling me the story,
he just had this casual sort
of whatever- matter of fact
way of saying it.
This was our conversation (sort of):

Ashton: Mom, at recess, this boy thought he was the toughest kid in school, but he wasn't. I took him down.

Mom: Why? What happened?

Ashton: He was trying to fight me, but I was dodging his punches.

Mom: Why was he trying to fight you?

Ashton: I don't know.

Mom: Did you try to take something away from him?

Ashton: No.

Mom: Did you get in trouble by the teachers?

Ashton: They didn't see. But another kid was fighting with him. He took him down too and a teacher saw and he got in trouble.

Mom: Was he in 1st grade? In your class?

Ashton: No, he was in 2nd.

Mom: Next time find a teacher and tell her. I don't want you to fight because you will get in big trouble.


My other boys were just laughing the entire
time so it was hard for me to keep a straight face.
I am going to have a tough time with this kid.
He is so unlike my other two.
At last night's dinner at the
church, all the kids were playing
with a ball and Ashton was attacking the
bishop's son trying
to get the ball!
I was so embarrassed!


0 comments: