Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The first day of school!

Wow! It has been a long summer! I think the kids are as excited as I am for school to start. Anson Jr. is in 7th grade, Ammon is in 4th and Ashton is in 1st. Ashton started Kindergarten when he was only 4 because his birthday (September 10th), falls after the deadline. So, now my little boy is 5 years old, in the 1st grade and will turn 6 in a week. He just seems so young to be in school all day long, but I am SO thankful he is. That kid is a little tazmanian devil, he needs the structure.

Anson and I drove the kids to school this morning and Ashton hopped out and took off! I brought my camera but was only able to take a picture of him walking away.



I met Ammon and Ashton at the bus sometime after 3:10pm. This year Anson Jr. will be taking the bus home too. He just got home at 5:07pm! His school gets out at 4:05pm and he should have been home around 4:20pm. Hopefully tomorrow will be better, otherwise I'll just pick him up from school from now on. He shouldn't have to be on the bus for an hour.

Other than all that, the kids had a really good day.

I got a lot done today while the kids were gone. I cleaned the kitchen, mopped the floors, wiped down the walls, cleaned the piano room, did some laundry, EXERCISED, went grocery shopping, got new tires on one car and a new starter in the other and spent quality time with my husband.

Anson Sr. leaves for school tomorrow morning and will be in Seattle until Friday afternoon. He's excited to get back into the swing of things after a little break.

I don't start school until September 22nd and just found out that I just got into the last class I was on the waitlist for. I'll be taking 13 credits and got ALL the classes that I wanted.

0 comments: