Saturday, January 15, 2011

North Carolina & Indiana Update

Anson booked his flight for North Carolina and we went out to Kohls today and bought a new sweater for the interview. Anson was advised against wearing a suit or dark colors because last year some hopeful interns made a bad impression by looking stuffy. Good thing I went with him because he picked out some pretty questionable things! :)

His interview is Wednesday morning but I'll be taking him to the airport late Monday night. He'll be excused from his classes that week and the following week when he interviews in Indiana. It's going to be pretty busy for him, not only with the flying back and forth, the jet lag, and the time zone changes, but he's also working on the first 3 chapters of his dissertation that is due in the beginning of February! He's been pretty busy with it and has been feeling really guilty about not spending as much time with the boys or giving me the attention I need.....which is alot!  He's pretty much been working non-stop and once he got back from Seattle last night he went straight to the table to work. I laid across his lap, looked up at him and asked if he remembered me, his wife, and told him if he would carry me around on his hip for the rest of the night then I would appreciate it! No such luck. Oh well...

It is pretty exciting to be this close to him being done with everything though! For almost 4 years he has commuted to Seattle every week, sometimes twice a week. I can't sleep when he's away. I try to delay it for as long as possible, which isn't good when I wake up at 7am to take Anson Jr. to seminary. Some nights I only get 3-4 hours of sleep, but that should end soon because he'll be completely done commuting at the end of April! It will be so nice and something I REALLY look forward to!

1 comments:

The Birkel's said...

I have a hard time sleeping when Jonathan is away, also. However, I usually just give up after a few hours and do something else.

Good luck with the interviews, I'm sure he'll do great! What an exciting time for your family!