Wednesday, December 1, 2010

All I Want For Christmas...

...is to lose 10 pounds! We are going to Great Wolf Lodge again this year for Christmas and I have to be bathing suit ready in 22 days!

We are also planning a trip to Hawaii sometime between February and May so I will need to lose more than 10 pounds. It needs to be more like 30+ pounds total. I'm so tired of wearing clothes that will hide certain areas and dressing for that reason. I would love to go into a store, find something that I think is cute and buy it, instead of going in and finding what will hide my love handles. I was 138 pounds in high school...according to my first driver's license, which sounds like a lot, but I'm 5' 8". I know I won't get back to that weight because I'm not a little girl anymore. I want to keep my curves and just lose a couple dress sizes. I would be happy being a size 10 again. That's my goal and I think it's realistic.

Here's the thing. I have never needed to diet. I didn't need to exercise after having my first two boys. I was young and "bounced" right back. I was a little older when I had Ashton and I don't know what that kid did to me but I have never been able to recover as far as weight goes, since I had him 8 years ago. Now I'm 35, my metabolism has slowed and I realize that I have to exercise regularly and I need to watch what I eat...a little bit...or at least when I eat because I stay up pretty late and do some munching during that time. That stopped as of Monday. I also started exercising - REALLY exercising. I started....jogging! I don't jog. I've always been a walker but I have some friends on Facebook that post how many miles they run in a certain amount of time and it's impressive and has really motivated me to start.

I have been eating better for a couple of weeks and everyday since Monday I jog a mile, walk until I complete 20 minutes, stretch for about 5 minutes (stretching is the BEST part of exercise), then I get back on the treadmill and walk for another 10 minutes, to total 30 minutes. I don't know why I do it that way, but I do and it works for me. THEN, I do the 20 minute Windsor Pilates DVD. I LOVE PILATES! I also will switch it up and do the basic Tae-bo workout or the Cindy Crawford's Shape Your Body workout.

And the best part is....I've already lost 2 pounds! :)

My treadmill.
I've probably had 3 or 4 treadmills
but this one is my favorite.
It has a soft cushion,
power incline and folds up.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Good for you Angela! I have renewed motivation for myself... we have a Military ball to go to in Feb or March and I've got to buy a formal for it! I want to feel better about my body when I go shopping! I've been excercising 2 or 3 times a week with a friend who is a personal trainer since September-ish. I've toned up and gained some muscle/lost inches, but the weight won't come off... the thing that's holding me up is my eating! I decided last night that I was going to start again, and then today was a CRAZY morning, so I didn't do so well! But I'm on it! Good luck! Keep me posted on how it's going!

My Picture blog! said...

Thanks Maggie! I've been reading your updates on FB and saw your cute family pictures and you look amazing! I wish I had a personal trainer or at least a friend to exercise with! It's great that you have that kind of support. I hear you about the eating holding you up. I think it's better to eat a little of what you're craving then depriving yourself of it because if I do that, it's all I think about. Not good. I don't do diets either. I think if I eat smaller portions of what I normally eat, I will be fine.

Starting again is the hardest part, so good for you and good luck as well!