Friday, December 31, 2010

One busy week!

It started with Christmas. Actually it started with our trip to Great Wolf, then Christmas Eve and finally Christmas. But it's been a week since I blogged, and a lot has happened.

I think this is the first year that the kids didn't wake up just a few hours after I went to sleep. Ashton was the first one up at 8:30AM! Have you ever heard of such a thing?! It was my Christmas miracle! :) Anyway, since we took a trip to Great Wolf for Christmas, the kids only had their stockings and a few presents to open. Their big gift was an XBOX 360 with Kinect. Later that afternoon we went caroling at a retirement home with some friends of ours and their family. It was better then I thought it would be. I don't sing PERIOD. (Unless I'm in the car or at home...only around family). I don't sing at church and I don't even pretend to sing and mouth the words. What's the point of that? To show people that you're singing? Who cares? I certainly don't. But another Christmas miracle. I sang at the retirement home. Weird. Something came over me and I felt like singing....not very loud and not the right words, but I sang.



Afterward, our friends invited us to dinner and we headed back to their house. Usually when I eat at somebody's house (which is SO out of my comfort zone) I offer to bring a green salad because I'm a vegetarian and I don't want them to feel obligated to cook me something vegetarian. That can get awkward and gross. She didn't do anything special and I had corn and a roll. This family was laid back, fun to talk to and we had a good time.

Then on Wednesday the 29th, we went to Pacific City Thousand Trails where we used our free cabin rental before the end of the year. We stopped at Best Buy on our way out of town to exchange the XBOX/kinect because the console opened and scratched the disc it came with and we had to return the whole thing which was lame.

On our way to the beach, which was only a 2 hour drive, we encountered, rain, sleet, snow and sun. It was a beautiful drive to and from and most of the pictures I took were out my window at 60mph.

I did manage to use my tripod that I got for Christmas ONCE while there, but a whole lot more since I've been home. It was a quick trip but it's always fun to get away.

Some pics of our cabin...where I did not sleep. The bed was a full, I'm used to a King. It was only a 6 ft mattress, wall to wall, no stretching room, with a bunk up top. I got claustrophobic and had to switch spots with Anson, then kicked the walls all night.  :)



This is where we parked the van and walked the rest of the way down to the beach.
9:30am behind our cabin.


Anson Jr. on the beach. Haystack Rock in the background.

Snow along the pass.

0 comments: