Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

The last couple of years in December, I would buy all kinds of candy for the boys to make gingerbread houses and then have them make the actual houses with graham crackers. Why? I don't know, maybe because I don't bake. Last week at the grocery store I found Betty Crocker pre-made gingerbread something or other packets where I just had to add oil, water and an egg. That's easy enough, I can do that. So, I spent yesterday cooking up the gingerbread.

When the kids got home from school today, they were able to make the houses using all kinds of delicious treats like candy canes, skittles, m&ms, gumdrops, bubble gum and other stuff. I posted pictures below and the houses were very poorly constructed as you will notice. I finally figured out the best way to make them while building my fourth house. Toothpicks were my friend! Try not to look too close.

















1 comments:

Mindy said...

very fun. Its nice to know older boys are still into that kind of thing. I am always afraid for the day. Jaden is only 5 and keeps asking if Santa is real. Of course. Argh.