Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's retro?

Ashton is such a character.



He says the funniest things, so I started writing them down
because I always forget them two hours later.
I have the memory of 'Dori' from "Finding Nemo".
(Not even kidding)
Last night I was looking at our Christmas tree and
said that next year I wanted to decorate the
tree "retro". You know with all the multi-colored
ornaments and lights, and maybe even tinsel. When I was little
we also had a multi-colored star that
lit up and would shine stars on the ceiling and walls.
When it warmed up, the faster it spun.
It was the coolest thing. It looked like a disco ball.
It is now in Shannon's possession. All of us
kids wanted it, but the oldest got it.
I wonder if she still has it.

I got a little off track. Back to the story.
So, I said that I wanted to decorate the tree "retro" next year.
Ashton asks what's retro? I explained what retro meant and how
I wanted to decorate the tree in retro. Ashton says, "I don't
want to go there." I explained it again that it wasn't a place
and that I wanted to put different colored balls on the
tree next year instead of just the silver ones we had this year.
Then, my oldest son came into the room not hearing our conversation
and said, "Retro. What's retro"
Ashton then says, "big balls of yarn. Mom
wants to put big balls of yarn on the tree."
The kids start laughing and then I explained it again.
But if their memory is anything like mine,
chances are I will hear, "Retro, what's retro", again.

Here's a little story about Ashton and I
talking about chores.
One of Ammon's chores has been folding
laundry and he's done a great job at it. That's why
I put him in charge. I have a tough time getting it done
and it piles up. One particular
Saturday, he apparently had folded one too many towels
and started tearing up and said he didn't
want to fold laundry. I gave him a different chore and
went downstairs to do the dishes.

Ashton was down there eating something
and we were talking about how Ammon doesn't
want to fold laundry anymore. I only
give him 3 chores and they're the same everytime.
Clean his bedroom, fold laundry and clean the TV
area where the kids hang out and watch TV.
Ashton suggested that I fold the laundry.
I told Ashton that I clean the entry room, the kitchen,
the guest bathroom, the living room, the music room,
my bedroom and bathroom and more.
Ashton said, "Well, if you do one more chore,
then Jesus will be proud of you."
It was cute.





2 comments:

Mindy said...

Ha, Ha, What a funny kid.

Oportos said...

That's hillarious. Sounds like you better get to work and remember Jesus loves you!
terra