Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm a published photographer!

I entered a photo contest my credit union
was doing last spring and
although my photograph didn't get
1st, 2nd 3rd place or even honorable mention,
it still got put in their calendar....
on the very last page in January 2010!
But I'm still happy they chose it.

Having taken my photography class,
I now know how to enhance my pictures.
Maybe it would have made a difference...
I don't know. Anyway...

Here's a picture that I took on the same trip to
Multnomah Falls as the one that ended
up in the calendar. For some reason I cant find
the same picture that I submitted:



And here's an enhanced version:



And here it is in the calendar:
(I turned in a portrait style and they printed it landscape.
It looks like they zoomed in
so most of the picture is cut off.)
But there's my name on the
bottom left corner. It is really cool to be acknowledged
for my photo.



3 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow, that is so exciting. I am sure you will get a bunch and hand them out to everyone you know. I would.

Oportos said...

I guess I know what I'm getting for christmas:) Beautiful picture, and I'm sure this will be the first of many publishings.
Terra

Rachel J. Morris said...

Hey!! Sorry for not responding to the comments sooner. I figured that I'd get an email or something from blogspot if I received one, and didn't see until I was browsing through. @_@

Thanks for the comments, though. And the one about being insightful about kids, especially. It meant a lot, because I'm always afraid of the thought of being a parent!

I'm going to offer to give her piano lessons for free, since she said she wanted to learn. I think it'd be important for her to have some form of free expression, instead of strict rules everywhere.

Hopefully my blog will get more up-beat soon, as semester is coming to an end.

Take care! ^^